Monday, August 22, 2016

Fan Vote- Favorite Films of Summer 2016


Hey folks! Well we’re coming to the end of Summer 2016 and for anyone who’s been following this blog for at least the past two years, you probably know what that means. Yes, today marks the beginning of RIMC’s annual End of Summer poll in which I invite you folks to vote for your favorite film out of the many that have come out these past four months. For those who are new to the blog, here’s how it works. Below I’ll be providing a link to a poll that I made over on surveymonkey.com. There you can pick out your favorite film of the summer from the wide selection of options and believe me, you’ll have quite a lot to choose from. Because whenever I do this poll, I pretty much just list every major ‘wide’ release this summer. Obviously that doesn’t include every single film that came out this season so if you don’t see your favorite film on the list, don’t worry because I always include a write-in section for anything I missed. This poll will run for 2 weeks until September 4th. After that I will tally up the votes and from that, a post listing all of the ‘winners’ will be posted on the site shortly afterwards. Now when I originally did this, I had hoped to do something along the lines of a Top 10 list. But then I realized that this wouldn’t really be possible because most of the films that do get votes usually end up having a similar number of votes. So instead, I just list all of the films that DID get votes. And one last thing… I know that a lot of people on the internet have been saying that this has been a disappointing summer film season. Trust me, I’ve seen this mindset repeated through numerous online articles. But for the record that mindset will not be reflected in this poll and subsequent post.

No comments:

Post a Comment