Thursday, September 24, 2015

Bond Month 2015


This November will see the release of the 24th official James Bond film, ‘Spectre’. Having recently celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2012, highlighted by the release of the then-newest Bond film, ‘Skyfall’, the James Bond film franchise has been one of the most successful long-running franchises of all time and has become an essential part of both film and pop culture history. So this October, in honor of the impending release of ‘Spectre’, Rhode Island Movie Corner will be celebrating its second annual ‘Bond Month’, in which I’ll be discussing various elements of the James Bond franchise; the highs and the lows. I had previously done this in November of 2012 when ‘Skyfall’ was released. However, I’ll admit that this was sort of something that I just came up with on the fly and I only did it after seeing ‘Skyfall’ in theaters. Because of this, I now feel that I should have done it earlier because I did include ‘Skyfall’ in pretty much all of the Bond posts that I did that month, despite having only seen the film once at that point. This time I’m not making that same mistake and will instead be doing it in October before I see ‘Spectre’. Like ‘Star Wars Month’ back in May, there will be five main posts that will be published every Friday in October. The topics that will be covered were determined based on the aspects of the Bond franchise that I hadn’t already covered during the previous Bond Month. So because of this, I won’t be listing my favorite/least favorite Bond villains, Bond girls, or Bond opening sequences. Instead, next month’s ‘Bond Month’ posts will be as follows:

OCTOBER 2ND: Top 10 Best Bond Henchmen


OCTOBER 9TH: Top 10 Best Bond Title Sequences


OCTOBER 16TH: Top 10 Best/Top 5 Least Favorite Bond Songs


OCTOBER 23RD: Top 10 Best/Worst Bond Moments


OCTOBER 30TH: Ranking the Bond Actors



Until then, grab your vodka martini, shaken not stirred of course, and prepare for a month of 007.

No comments:

Post a Comment