It’s that time again, folks! Today, I couldn’t be more excited to announce the start of this year’s edition of Rhode Island Movie Corner’s Annual End of Summer Fan Poll, where you, the readers, are encouraged to vote for your favorite film from this past summer… and let me tell you, folks, this one’s shaping up to be one of our most exciting years ever. With a bunch of big-name films proving to be massive successes in the eyes of both critics and audiences this year, many have been touting 2026 as one of the best years that the film industry has experienced in quite some time. With that in mind, I can only imagine what kind of exciting and intense competition there will be amongst this year’s candidates for the #1 spot in this annual poll of ours. Want to join in on the fun? Then just head to the link below to vote for your favorite film from the summer of 2026 at the poll that I’ve set up on the polling website Survio. There, you’ll be given a large list of options to choose from that cover most of the wide theatrical releases from this past summer. It may seem intimidating at first, but if you don’t end up seeing your favorite in that list of options, then don’t worry because I always set up a ‘Write-In’ section for any film that I didn’t include in the main list. Bear in mind, though, that the film in question must have had some kind of theatrical release this year and is not just a film that was made primarily for a streaming service. I did bend that rule briefly last year to allow two votes for Netflix’s Happy Gilmore 2, but to be clear, that was a rare exception that was my way of showing gratitude to those who voted last year.
Voting ends August 29th
barring any last-minute extensions like the ones that we had in 2022 and 2023. This
will then, of course, be followed by the Results Post that will hopefully be
finished sometime before year’s end this time around unlike the 2025 Results Post
that wasn’t finished until May of this year. Nevertheless, stay tuned to see
who will end up being this year’s Champion!!!
Now, in years’ past,
I’ve concluded these introductory posts by recapping all this event’s past
winners by way of Rhode Island Movie Corner’s Annual End of Summer Fan Poll
Hall of Fame. Starting this year, however, I’ve moved the Hall of Fame to its
own page here on the site that can be accessed both at the link below and at the
top of the page.

No comments:
Post a Comment