Thursday, October 6, 2016

This November on Rhode Island Movie Corner

Over the past few years, I have been doing a series of retrospectives on the many, many animated features that Walt Disney Animation Studios has produced since the 1930’s. It started all the way back in November 2013 when I did a Retrospective on Disney’s slate of films from the 90’s, a period known as the Disney Renaissance. This was done in honor of the release of the studio’s then-newest effort, Frozen, but at the time I’ll admit that this was originally just a one-time thing. I was considering doing more Retrospectives for Disney Animation but I didn’t really have the means to do so at the time. In other words, I didn’t own a lot of the films on modern-era home media devices. However, when the studio’s 55th animated feature, Zootopia, was set to come out this past March, I decided to do another Retrospective, this time covering every major Disney animated film released since 2000. Thanks to this Retrospective, I decided to finally continue this series and then proceeded to finish covering the remaining four major decades of the studio’s animated history; the 60’s/70’s, the 80’s, the 30’s/40’s, and the 50’s. Now that the ‘Retrospective’ series is over, I decided to end my discussion of Disney Animation (for now, at least…) on a high note. So with that said, I’m happy to announce that this November, Rhode Island Movie Corner will be celebrating ‘Disney Month’*! In honor of the impending release of Disney Animation’s 56th (that’s right, 56th!) animated feature, Moana, all throughout the month of November I will be honoring the best of Disney Animation, from the heroes to the villains to the songs. The schedule will be as follows:

NOVEMBER 4TH- RANKING THE DISNEY PRINCESSES

Image result for disney princess

NOVEMBER 8TH- TOP 5 DISNEY ‘PROTAGONISTS’/TOP 5 DISNEY SIDEKICKS

Image result for lion king hakuna matata

NOVEMBER 11TH- TOP 10 DISNEY VILLAINS

Image result for disney villains

NOVEMBER 18TH- TOP 10 FAVORITE DISNEY SONGS

Image result for let it go frozen

NOVEMBER 23RD- RANKING ALL 55 DISNEY ANIMATED FEATURES

Image result for disney animation films

So be sure to stay tuned for what will be a major celebration of the best of the best from the ‘House of Mouse’.



*DISCLAIMER: This is in no way affiliated with the ‘Disneycember’ series that Doug Walker does on Channel Awesome. I also want to make it clear that this is not trying to be a ‘clone’ of what he does every December. I’m not doing any reviews of the previous Disney animated films this month (I already did that with the retrospective series), I’m just doing a series of Top 5/Top 10 lists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment